Thursday, February 26, 2009

It's not goodbye forever

Well I am sitting in our little Ice cream shop, typing my last blog in The Gambia. I am starting to feel the typical sadness I associate with leaving this place. I have been here so many times that I have stopped counting, and the place feels like my second home. I am pretty tired, it was a jam packed 10 days full of a lot of meetings, a lot of early mornings and a lot of late nights (Dr. Reed we are leaving now! Pack up your computer.) We have one meeting left, the president of the Evangelical Fellowship of The Gambia. Both the organization and the man that heads it up are key players in the Gambian Christian community. Please pray for this meeting and our safe travel tomorrow as we head out for London. Oh yeah one last mission, Skippy! I captured him on my cell phone camera yesterday but the image is so fuzzy. I know when I bring it back it will be like those grainy sasquatch/loch ness monster photos. You know the kind. Oh well, I have never been so determined in my life to succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment