Monday, February 16, 2009

Layover in London

I decided to take Dr. Reed and Dr. Taylor on an educational experience at the British Museum. There are few things that I learned on this little excursion. A lot of people don’t know this about me but I am a pretty competitive person. So I challenged Dr. Taylor to a competition on Biblical archaeology. On paper, I was a little outmatched. He holds multiple degrees from distinguished institutions; my undergrad is in biochemistry. He is also an expert in Semitic languages. I have taken Hebrew. So to even the odds I decided not to tell him we were in a competition. The defeat was slow and painful; I lost by a long shot. Oh well, there is always next year. I can attribute my loss mostly to my lack of sleep on the plane (Glen slept like a baby). Also today, Dr. Reed outran me on the stairs in the London underground. Don’t let him deceive you; he is in a lot better shape than he leads on. Too many defeats today. Tomorow they will be on my turf. On a more serious note we are settling in to prepare for the task we have ahead. We are excited to see where God leads this endeavor. Tomorrow we fly out to Gambia.

Here is our tentative schedule:

February 18th
Meetings in the morning
Evening – Sample Lecture 1 given by Glen Taylor Old Testament/Biblical Interpretation

February 19th
Meetings in the morning with
Evening – Sample Lecture 2 given by David Reed Pneumatology/History of Pentacostalism

February 20th - Conference
Light Morning Meeting
Evening – Conference Talk 1: Importance of Theological Education in the Life of the Church - Glen Taylor

February 21st - Conference
Morning – Conference Talk 2: The Relationship Between the Holy Spirit Experience and Theological Education
Afternoon – Consultative workshop on developing theological education in the Gambia – Facilitated by Steve Hewko

February 22nd
Morning – Preaching tour.
Evening – Healing Service David Reed setup in conjunction with major church

February 23rd
Day Off

February 24th
Meetings in the morning with potential Students
Evening – Sample Lecture 3 given by Glen Taylor Preaching/Homoletics

February 25th
Morning – Meeting with the University of the Gambia
Afternoon – Meeting with potential Students

No comments:

Post a Comment